Third Term Welcome Post
As the third and the last term of this academic year starts, I would like to write about the inspiration I have gained during the spring break as well as to share my thoughts and ambitions for this term.
During the break I looked closer at the Glenn Martens' work at Y /Project. His work has been very inspiring for me over past few months and I wanted to get to know and understand it even better.
Work of Glenn's can be described as heavily influenced by his studies at University as well as unconventional approach to design that is similar in some ways to Martin Margiela's work. I really like his designs for the playful approach and uncommon ways the garments are meant to be worn. His collections also seem very much gender non oriented in most cases, which is very dear to me.
Other than that, my inspiration throughout the break was also from the book I have been reading for the last couple of weeks. This book's title is 'Burberry days' by Brian Kitson and describes the most significant times of development for Burberry from the business perspective. Author wrote this book from his own perspective as a participant of this change so the book feels very authentic. It has been great to learn more about his side of fashion industry and I am looking forward to get to know more stories like this.
When it comes to my work in this term, I would like to keep up with the quality of the research I have achieved during last term and improve upon my work in the areas of illustration and design itself. I believe I have gained some knowledge and understanding of the design and my own aesthetic during this break and I am able to present better work this time. I will also broaden my knowledge about fabrics and include it in my work.
I am looking forward to this term and I hope to learn a lot in the area of my studies as well as about myself.
Sources:
Giannoni, G., 2021. Look 8. [image] Available at: <https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-menswear/y-project/slideshow/collection#8> [Accessed 7 April 2021].
Amazon, n.d. Burberry days. [image] Available at: <https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M292YU3/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb> [Accessed 7 April 2021].


Very good post, Marcel, particularly like your reflections on last term and what you want to look at in terms of fabric this term. Consider how you might use some of this research as part of your project this term when we look at the themes in more detail in the next session.
ReplyDelete