SMART Objective
I have chosen a Primitivism theme for this project. I will create a capsule collection of clothes inspired by this theme. My idea is to work with shapes, silhouettes and construction more, showing rawness of fabrics, different approach to how clothing could or should be worn, expressing ageing of it and questioning the standards we have established in this area. I will create four 2D illustrations on paper and one 3D design draped on a mannequin. I will capture all of my finish work and process on photographs and post them regularly on my blog. The target market for my collection will be ideally men in the age 20-27. Colour palette and materials will be chosen later in the project however, so far I am interested in lightweight, drapy fabric suitable for S/S clothing. I would also like it to have a nice texture for the purpose of better experience of wearing it. I have not yet decided on the format of the presentation of my finished work and it will be revealed as the project develops in time.
This is an interesting idea - a collection as a time capsule. Develop this idea with further research in follow up posts. This reminded me of the Voyager Golden Capsule (2019??), a way of communicating the human experience in outer space.
ReplyDelete