The fantastic five
As far as the initial development for my project goes, I have came up with several ideas/ thoughts I will focus on so far and these are:
- how primitive people are in their advancements
- how individualistic and egocentric people are but could not live alone and depend on others
- loneliness theme
- a death theme
- comparing ourselves to each other and basing our opinion on visuals
- rawness
All of them are connected to primitivism and this will be my main theme.
I have decided to focus on this theme because of the way I look at the world, values I believe in and that influence my actions and how I feel about the changes people are going through overall in a time. I am not particularly proud of how things work and the way in which world is functioning. I would like to present that in my collection and showcase the effects it has on people. One thing that is still fairly free right now and people can still do is to speak their minds and talk about what they do not like around them, and that is exactly what I am going to do through this collection and this project.
This is a concept I have for now, it may change as the time goes. All the changes and evolution of my ideas will be included on this blog in the future posts like this one or next to the research I will provide for this project.
These are some interesting outlines of ideas - as an initial post, this has the potential for interesting development. It is important to consider what primitivism means and how other artists/designers have used this theme before you move on developing your project.
ReplyDelete