Research task: example post - NEEDS DEVELOPMENT
PREVIOUS RESEARCH
I have done my research about Isabel Benenato at the beggining of the term.
I have researched information about her by typing in google: 'about Isabel Benenato'. I found her official website with 'about me/ biography' page. That was the first source for my research. The second source was YT video posted on Fashion Archive channel. It is a YT channel created by Odunayo Ojo who is studying a fashion journalism. I found a video about the designer on his channel when searching Isabel Benenato on the platform.
What I found out:
- I have discovered the key points that the designer keeps in her mind and are the most important for her in her work.
- I discovered that she strongly believes in sustainable fashion.
- I discovered that she started to play with colours other than black just recently and was working with only black before.
- I discovered that she launched her first collection in 2008 in Milano.
Because my major Project will be in form of Fashion collection, I researched the previous collection that fashion designers have done before. There is a lot of collections created before based on architecture inspiration.
A good example of this kind of inspiration is Marchesa Fall/Winter 2008 collection and beautiful red dress created to be similar in shapes to the Chinese traditional buildings. I will also incorporate characteristics of interior design into my collection as Marchesa did in 2008.
For my major project research I will be using digital softwares that I already know and developing my skills and knowledge about them but also programs that I am not that familiar with to learn new ways of working digitally.
Programs that I will be using and I already know:
- Procreate
- Canva
Programs I will learn how to use:
- Photoshop
I want to develop my skills in use of Procreate and make my digital art even better. I also want to try new techniques and tools that are available in this program. I will be posting and documenting my progress during creating my project on my blog.
I will discover new functions of Canva software and include them to help me to finish my project. I will describe them in my Major Project updates posts.
RESEARCH FOR MY MAJOR PROJECT
My conceptual idea for my major project was based on my memory of seeing the industrial interior for the first time. I loved this style from the first minute and it stayed in my mind so I had to create something beautiful based on this inspiration.
Elements or characteristics of this design style that caught my eye from the beginning is it's roughness and showcasing the key elements of the place, building, construction. I also love the colour palette that is usually used for the interiors in this style which is mostly arranged with browns, greys and brick reds. I think that this combination works perfectly together and adding other colours can make it only more interesting when used in the right way. I like how rough texture of the concrete can be pared with the soft leather and how grey walls can become a beautiful background for colourful paintings.
source of image
All sources:
https://mymodernmet.com/architecture-fashion-design/


Okay good you have the right idea here - now I do want to see some great research posts that are in depth related to your project
ReplyDelete