Major Project: Software testing

Here is my process of testing Procreate - software for digital drawing that I will be using to design my collection. I have used this app before so I am familiar with most of the functions it offers. However, I will be still learning during the process of designing my collection so I decided to use it and develop my skills and knowledge within this program.



Here I show how I have tested the lines' sizes, different shades of greys and shading with the use of bigger brushes. 



Here is menu with brushes categories to choose from. There is a lot of shapes of brushes and every each of them can create different effect on the canvas which makes it really useful for creating illusions of textures of fabrics.



Here is the layers bar that helps to organise work and separate certain parts of drawing from each other so it makes it easier to work with.



Here, I have created 'clipping mask' for the circle I drew to present this function. This layer is currently turned off. 



Here is shading of the ball I drew without 'clipping mask' effect.



Here is shading with 'clipping mask' activated.



Here is ' insert photo' option. I often use it to put reference image on the canvas.



Here is how applying the image on the canvas looks like. We can resize the photo here, turn it backwards or even upside down if we need to.



Here is how photo applied on the canvas looks like while drawing.



Three photos above show the difference in colour intensity depending on the opacity level of the layer. In procreate it is an easily accessible setting so we can match it to our needs.



Here is the circle of colours in the Procreate. It is easy to navigate and allows us to create custom palettes so we can manage all of the colours that we need for our projects.



Here are other useful options included in the app that I don't use too often. These are mostly visual effect or colour changes.



Instead of putting the image on the canvas, we can also activate reference option in the app. It allows us to open the image in the new window and don't worry about covering it while drawing. There are three settings available within this function: canvas, image and face. Here, I present the canvas function that allows us to see the whole canvas image even when we zoom in our drawing. I helps us to be aware of the changes we create in the drawing when being focused on smaller area of it. Thankfully to this function we don't have to zoom out every time to see them, but can just look at the reference window to see the whole image changing while we are drawing.



Here is the 'image' option that allows us to put a reference image in this window instead of doing it on canvas as presented before.



'Face' option activates the camera. It may be helpful for people often drawing self-portraits so they can see themselves while drawing.



The last part of the interface I would like to talk about is time-lapse screen recording. It is a built-in function that records the whole process of creating our artwork so we can play it or download it afterwards. It is very helpful in the situation when we have to go back and see how we have done something to do it again later or to present our process to somebody else, for example employer.


I was familiar with all of these Procreate functions before. However, there is many more I have to learn and hopefully will do when creating art for my project.


Comments

  1. I am glad you have tested this but now I really really need to start seeing your project work ....this must be ready for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a little late for software testing so I am hoping that you have practiced a lot for your project work

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment