Major Project research: Architecture in fashion world

Here is the research I have done for my major project to be more aware and more familiar with the theme I will be working with.

I think that fashion and architecture correspond with each other and share a lot of inspiration between them. Shapes, colours and textures are the aspects both fashion designers and architects keep in mind while working on their next projects. Here are some of the architecture inspirations that fashion designers have used in the past and that show beautifully how valuable it is to look at these shapes as an inspiration when creating fashion collection.























As we can see on the photographs above, designers are often inspired by particular building, however, sometimes they also like to experiment with new shapes but keeping in mind architectural nature of them as we can see on the last look by Iris Van Herpen.

Designers, during their process of creating a garment, are referring to the colours, shapes and textures of the reference building. That allows them to make a piece of clothing that relates to the particular architectural design well and transfers the idea onto the clothing and introduces it to the fashion world.

I would like to refer to the architectural style which is Industrial Interior Design for my collection based on what I have seen other designers had done during my research. I will use characteristic for this style colours such as greys, reds, greens and the like. I will try to imitate the texture of materials and use stiff and also really smooth fabrics like knitwear and leather. Shapes also play a big role in collections like this so I will try to reference Industrial Design in this area either. Cold and hard lines and shapes with the touch of cosy materials will match this aesthetic perfectly.















Comments

  1. Good that you have added more research - I am a little concerned now though about your designs as I am not seeing them here still...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment