Fashion trends winter 2020/2021 and target market for Major Project (needs visual text editing)

Here is research I have done on fashion trends for upcoming winter season. I will list and source images for those I found interesting and helpful for my Major Project theme and easthetic. 


Various denim use - raw and worked-in denim









I would definiately use worn and raw denim in my collection because I think it maches my theme perfectly as denim is really industrial like and it's rawness gives similar feeling to the fell of cold and not finished wearhouse interiors.



Full leather looks or leather coats


Leather is a luxurious meterial that is often used in industrial apartments to showcase the wealth of the owner. I will include this material in my collection to introduce this wealthiness into my clothing line and to bring it closer to street and everyday outfits.


Cardigans as coats









Since I am really intrested in producing knitwear my collection could not be completed and finished without a touch in this technique. I am really happy that this trend exists this winter and has such a huge potential as it will be worn as a coats and main, warm layer.



Oversized tailoring



 






I would like to use this trend to combine clean and official aesthetic of tailoring with fun and not serious aproach for fashion. I think these oversized to maximum pieces have something hilarious about them and I would like to emphasize it in my project.



Necktie redux









Neckties are often associated with really formal way of dressing. Many designers have already used it in very unconventional ways and I would like to also add something to this from myself.



Massive macs









Massive coats are something that I definietly want to work on within my collection. I really think they can be a statement piece and make fenomenal effect.



Oversized scarves









Oversized scarves look really funky and may play important part in my project as a unique piece.



Cross-body bags









I may design a mini bag as a accesory for my collection to make it more interesting.



Hardwear on shoes









I think these details will help me to bring more industrial and crude feel to my collection and will be interesting touch as elements of shoes' design.



Double waistband









I think that this construction technique may help me to achieve unfinished look for my clothing and will be interesting to combine with other trending for this winter silhouettes.



Total print









I really like the idea of print covering most or even a whole clothing to give it special look. I will definietly use it for my project to add couple of interesting touches to existing clothing and experiment with various graphics.



Chunky boots









Chunky boots may be associated with worker's clothing which is very hard and stiff. I would like to combine it with hardwear details and elegant style to create something with aesthetic close to modern and post industrial feel to it.



Shirt as a statement piece













Shirts are elegant clothing. I want to bring it closer to the ground and design a shirt that will have unfinished and raw elements with undefined, architectural shapes that will create a statement piece.



Target market for my collection will be based on men at the age raging from 25 up to 35. I think this variety of age will be the best for my clothing line because these people will be able to afford a high quality garments and also it's aesthetic will be more likely to hit their expectations rather than the younger audiency's. At the same time older customers may have other spendings and will not be interested in clothings that is not as important for them at the moment as other things needed for everyday life.


Information and images sources:


Comments

  1. Amazing research. Your inspiration is clearly shown and I really like the trends that you have chosen. Looking forward to the development of these ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment