Project research: Colour Palette

After long hours spent on reorganising, changing, and finishing my colour palette, I would like to present to you my (hopefully) final version of it right now. 

My colour palette for current collection includes many colours with hues of violet which stands for monarchy, higher society, savoir faire and so on. Basically I have chosen my colours very carefully so that they support the overall concept behind the project and exaggerate main theme to make it more understandable.

In my collection violet stands for the higher society roots and expectations that come with it. This colour's role in this scenerio is picked specifically to underline this fact and trigger expected by me emotions in the viewers.

Rest of the colours are either neutrals that I really like and that are classical as well as light blues and greens which suit summer character of the collection. Rhubarb is a direct reference to my grandpa and also a colour that acts as a trigger for men and is seen as one of the first colours picked up by our eyes which makes it really stand out.


Sources:

Incredibleart.org. n.d. Symbolism of Color: Using Color for Meaning. [online] Available at: <https://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/color2.htm> [Accessed 4 May 2021].

VAN EDWARDS, V., n.d. Color Psychology: What Colors Should You Wear and Why. [online] Science of People. Available at: <https://www.scienceofpeople.com/color-psychology/> [Accessed 4 May 2021].

BrightSide — Inspiration. Creativity. Wonder. n.d. Psychologists Point Out 11 Clothing Colors That Reveal Your Personality. [online] Available at: <https://brightside.me/inspiration-psychology/psychologists-say-these-11-clothing-colors-reveal-your-personality-458660/> [Accessed 4 May 2021].

Connect.pantone.com. n.d. Pantone Connect. [online] Available at: <https://connect.pantone.com/#/palettes?palettes=myPalettes> [Accessed 4 May 2021].

Comments

  1. Okay, the palette as a whole works together well as analogous colours. I'm not sure you made it clear as to why it took so long to get these colours together, but I recommend that you try out some hand-made colour sketches either of your outcomes or swatches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment