Draping progress of my 3D piece
In this post, you can see my 3D piece development I have done so far. First 6 photographs showcase the experimental/ practice variations of my design (they are not very successful to say at least). The last 4 photos present my favourite version that I will develop further and translate into final 3D outcome.
I have changed some aspects of my design when compared to the sketch of the concept behind it however, I like it more now and I think that designing this piece in 3D allowed me to focus more on volume, proportions and overall silhouette of the shirt. Playing with proportions was especially important for me in terms of this collection and this way of designing definitely allowed me to develop it to be even better and has opened my horizons even further.
4 photographs mentioned before:
Front view right side
Close-up right side
Back view right side
Back view close-up right side
To explain my idea in more detail, I will describe it and show you sketch of my design one more time.
Sketch of my design for the draped large shirt
The idea behind this shirt is to drape it around the body to transform it into better fitting garment. The idea of upcycling, reusing, giving a garment new context/ form, make it oneself's. Grabbing fabric from the sides, gathering it on the side seam, cutting sleeves wide open on the seam line or adding knitted collar are details that make this design standout and special. Besides the construction aspect, there is a very important colour choice that underlines the tone/ mood of this design and gives it more character.
Colour choice for my design
Connect.pantone.com. n.d. Pantone Connect. [online] Available at: <https://connect.pantone.com/#/palettes?palettes=myPalettes> [Accessed 4 May 2021].












These shots look good, consider adding altered sketches of the development of your design to demonstrate how you have reflected and improved on your original sketch.
ReplyDelete