Excercise from class: designing over our own templates

 During this excercise I had an opportunity to play with the design process and idea generating through sketching over my own croquis. 

               Fig.1            Fig.2                       Fig.3

Fig.1 - First idea of womenswear that came to my mind
Fig.2 - blazer sitting low on the shoulders creating angular/ architectural            shape on the back, idea drawn from my own experience wearing my dad's         too big for me clothes (I am keen to develop it in the future).                Underneath the blazer, there is a flowy, shapeless mess of fabric            creating alien or nature-like appearance.
Fig.3 - An attempt to sketch garments from collection I am currently working            on. Raw, scissor cut bottomed trousers that move gracefully when               walking, pared with a draped shirt with detached collar, both                garments include elements of knitting (trousers have knitted fake            pockets, shirt has a knitted collar details.


I liked this idea of quick, freestyle feeling of this in-class design excercise. I feel like it allowed me to put ideas that were sitting in my head for a while to get out into external world. It also gives me different perspective on when I get to see them on paper, which is extremely important in my opinion.




Comments

  1. I agree that you adapted to these exercises very well and it is clear that this is something you have taken on board. Be prepared to be encouraged to work in this way on Undergraduate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment