My thoughts and opinion on Lecture No.2
During last Thursday, we had a lecture on artists Alfred Stieglitz and Giorgia O'Keeffe.
I did not know neither of these artists before, so I have learned a lot during this lecture. The work of the Stieglitz was interesting for me in a way that he was the first one to approach the photography from the artistic stand point. I am always pleased to see people thinking out of the box, taking risk or just experimenting in order to get expected or not result, especially artistic one. Even though I liked that aspect of his work, the content of it did not really speak to me personally. I would probably need to get to know more of his photographs to form my opinion on them fully too.
However the work of O'Keeffe, was really interesting for me and I liked her use of colour and simplified lines and shapes she uses for her landscapes. They were very purposeful and specific, which made them really aesthetically for me. I also really liked her famous flower paintings. Beautiful shapes, bright and contrasting colours and mystery atmosphere around them really caught my attention and boosted up my imagination.
Sources:
THE NEW YORK TIMES, 2011. [image] Available at:
<https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/14/books/review/my-faraway-one-selected-letters-of-georgia-okeeffe-and-alfred-stieglitz-book-review.html> [Accessed at 6 February 2021].
<https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/14/books/review/my-faraway-one-selected-letters-of-georgia-okeeffe-and-alfred-stieglitz-book-review.html> [Accessed at 6 February 2021].

Comments
Post a Comment