Development of my collection

 Here is development of my design for my 'Patrimony' collection. I will share the sketches in chronological order so it makes sense when going through them. I will also add short commentary under each of them.


Here is a croquis that I have created for this collection and based my designs on.



Here is one of my very first attempts to write down characteristics of clothes that I would like to include in my collection. I have also created thumbnails of silhouettes that I was interested in for this project.

These characteristics included:
- tailoring
- pijama pants paired with a suit
- high wasted pants
- pleats
- jeans paired with a suit
and more



On this page, I have developed my previous ideas further and also added new ones to my list.

New points:
- colour white
- deconstruction
-including dress
- synthetic textiles
and more



Here are initial sketches of my first ideas and exploration of them in visual form.



This page includes development of trousers for my collection. I was trying out various shapes and cuts to see which I like and which will not suit this collection. I really liked four of them and also sketched out the crumbled T-shirt that I came up with in the meantime.



Here is an overall look at final fits put together.



This page includes designs put on the croquis and development of details within each of the garments.



Here you can see continuation of the same process.



On this page you can see final designs with fabric patterns put on. 

Look 1:

Exaggerated shoulder suit with outside darts, delicate check pattern and silhouette expanded on the front bottom as well as high back. Trousers have an old pattern and are sewn in two spots on the front. They are also quite wide and made out of lightweight fabric.

Look 2:

Heavily pleated, wide trousers paired with oversized coat that has pads showing through it. Coat has check pattern and slim lapels.

Look 3:

Crumbled T-shirt is being pared with trousers that became a long skirt due to a deconstruction. Trousers also have beautiful vintage print on them.



This is continuation of the same stage as shown on the previous picture.

Look 4:

Vintage sport top paired with elongated sport shorts from 1980's. Trousers are made out of cotton used for tailored suits and include belt loops as well as zipper.

Look 5:

Old disco shirt with big collar in playful print paired with office like trousers that have rolled up legs. Pins for support are included on both legs' endings. Same pins are also used for the crotch area closing.

Look 6:

Suit with big lapels featuring pads that have been moved to the sides and create interesting shoulders for the silhouette. Jeans paired in this fit are shrunken in the area of underwear which creates illusion of it being on the top of the pants. This area also includes check print to imitate them and exaggerate this effect.


Unfortunately due to the fact that sketches were created with the use of pencils some of the details may be not readable as well as they should. Prints on the fabrics are also not the most detailed parts of the projects due to ongoing development of them. Colours will be added in the close future. Any changes will be documented on the blog in the next posts.



Comments

  1. Good sketches and detailed thoughts and ideas here as to what you will do - well done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment