Initial ideas - description through sketch

Here are my initial idea sketches for my next project. Basing on impressionism, deconstruction and knitwear. I am planning on researching multiple artists and designers to influence my creative process and final output of my work this term. These very quick sketches represent initial ideas that came to my mind after choosing the main theme for my next collection. You can see disproportions, curvy lines, deconstructed/ not finished stitching and various forms of silhouettes in here. My intention while sketching them was to have a look at these very first things that come to my mind with the given topic. I will obviously widen this list by many more interesting points in the following weeks, however, these sketches are probably the base/ the core of this project for me. In this collection, I would like to experiment with the overall shapes and silhouettes of the garments. I will be looking at shapes that interest me and that are unconventional or uncommon in the fashion world. I will also try to create prints that are related to the overall theme of the project which is expressionism. 

Keeping in mind that my last collection was a quite disappointment for me, I will try to focus less on the consumer point of view this time and try to improve upon elements that were not right last time. I am hoping to improve my results this term.


 

Comments

Post a Comment