Reflection on Term 1 of Digital Art Class

During this term of digital art class, I have improved a lot on working with various digital tools and softwares. I have learned how to create a blog and write about projects I am working on. I have learned how to create my own Wix website which is really useful for creating my future portfolio I will need to present to the potential employers. I think that my digital skills and knowledge is way better than at the beginning of this term.

When it comes to my blog, I think I was pretty consistent with it and uploaded required from me content. I could possibly widen my research in the future and put more time into it, however I do not think it is poor at the moment at all. It just might get even better.

My website is very simple and clean. I could possibly add more images to it or just choose colour that will match overall vision. I do not think it is too simple now, but could be more fresh and interesting with added graphics or being more colourful. I did not have enough of my previous work or images of myself to put into 'contact me' page too. I could probably improve upon that next time or in the future when developing this website further.

My Final Project... Keeping it short, I am not proud of this collection. It does not represent my aesthetic, final work is too detailed for me and does not refer to the Industrial theme as well as I wanted it to. I can see a lot of room for improvement in terms of sketching my ideas and representing them as fashion illustrations. I think that I am capable of creating much better work with outcomes that will satisfy me at the end. I think that I have focused too much on the practical aspect of the clothing when designing this collection and lost the creative part of it. I think that my next designs will be focused more on the runway shows and there, my imagination will have more space to shine. As I have mentioned in the previous post, I will keep working on my sketching and everyday ideas rendering to achieve level when I will be proud and happy with the results. At the same time I will think about and research really well on the aesthetic I like and what my future style for my designs could possibly be so I can create better garments for my next collection project from the University.


My summary of this term is that I have learned a lot and become much more confident with the use of digital tools and softwares and realized that I have a lot to work on in terms of transferring my design ideas into drawings. I have to start working on this aspect as soon as possible and I am sure it will bring expected results in the short future.

Comments