Art Portfolio 1 Reflection

 After finishing the final assignment for Art Portfolio 1, I can now write about my experiences I had during the time of this trimester. It was the first term within this module however, continued with our tutor from the Digital Art from term 1. I have enjoyed this trimester very much and have learned a lot about myself as well as about art, many artists and design processes. During this term I have challenged myself many times including the use of new media, developing my sketching/ drawing and illustrating style as well as researching much more for my final project than I did last term. I have failed many times during this term in the areas of time management, scheduling my work and keeping up with deadlines etc. However, even though I have made so many mistakes, I am happy for them and I see the value they brought to my life. Because of them, I have developed many other elements of my university life and as a fashion design student. I have spent a great part of my free time learning about my industry and constantly seeking for new knowledge in this area. I have made a great improvement in terms of my illustrating style and I am constantly improving upon it. I can see a big improvement even now in comparison to the day I have finished my final illustration for the assessment which has happened just a week ago.

When it comes to my final project and collection I have put out on my Wix website... I am happy to see the progress I have made upon the last term. My collection is much more thought through and I can clearly see how my research has influenced my work. My designs are more mature and construction wise more professional. I still have to learn a lot about this new medium I have used for this collection which was gouache paint however, I will practice it in a close future. I have to say that I am still looking for my personal aesthetic and developing my taste and learning about what I like in terms of specific style, but I am sure that I will specify it relatively soon having in mind the progress I am making when learning about fashion on my own in my free time.

What I can improve upon in the future is to research my project theme even further with more details, practice illustration medium such as alcohol markers and gouache paint, practice figure and garment rendering, improve my time management and think about the designs of my garments more in 3D during designing process.

My experiences during Art Portfolio class this term were really good and inspiring for the future. I am satisfied with the amount of work and progress I have made during this time. I am looking forward to the next term and challenges I will face in this class.

Comments

  1. This is a very good well considered reflection - I was expecting however much more in terms of process for your final designs and adding these to a portfolio and then your website before I saw this reflection

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your advice, I will apply it to my future reflections.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment